Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Neighbor Kids

Last night, my husband and I went to a missions meeting at our church. We listened to a woman give a presentation on her trips to Ghana and how it's on her heart to put a water well down in a particular village. She had video'd the pool of water the people are drinking out of and I felt such an empathy for these people. They walk for miles to get water we wouldn't give our animals to drink.

There are no easy answers to these problems and there is no wishing them away. I am my brother's keeper... We are going to do the work of fund raising and sending people people to Ghana to put a well down so the village can have good water to drink and do their daily chores. In fact, we are doing this in February, 2011. The amount of funding we need to send this group of people would pay our house off, but what price does one put on a human being when it comes to helping them be healthy, no less a whole village?

It's not a job that my husband and I are used to. We have served as missionaries to West Virginia, taking all kinds of clothing and supplies down to people that have a struggle just getting by. After floods we have taken cleaning goods; before school starts we take hygiene supplies and school supplies. In fact, we are going in August of this year to do take shampoos, deodorants, etc.
We need some others to come along side us; if God is speaking to your heart...please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment